Support Your Favorite Charity! Submit Your Non-Profit / Fundraising Event HERE
This calendar is designed to help nonprofits know when other organizations have planned their big fundraising events. Please restrict your submissions to that type of activity. Other community events can be submitted to the Monterey InfoCenter’s community events calendar: email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jun 1 – Jul 17
Back to School Backpack Program
Many children look forward to arriving on the first day of school with new notebooks, backpacks and pencil boxes, but it’s a different story for children whose families cannot afford these items. To meet this community need, all U.S. Credit Union is partnering with Giving Is Fun, Too* (G.I.F.T.) to collect school supplies for Monterey County area students.
“We recognize a need in our area and feel that it is our place to help do something about it,” says Patrick Redo, CEO of all U.S. Credit Union. “We are always amazed by the generosity of our local people and businesses. Items as simple as pencils, pens, rulers, spiral notebooks, erasers, glue, crayons, and backpacks can provide these children with the means to learn. In fact, it is amazing how much good a person can do if they purchase a single packet of pencils or a folder and donate it to this program.”
From June 1st to July 17th, 2015 all U.S. Credit Union encourages its members, family, friends and all Monterey County Residents to donate school supplies and drop them off at the branch at 20 W. Market St. in Salinas. Desired Items include:
-And Much More
Supplies will be distributed on Saturday, July 18, 2015 at the Calvary Church of Monterey from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to foster children who have signed up for the program.
*G.I.F.T. is a nonprofit, tax-deductible organization run entirely by volunteers. The Caregivers Association and Hartnell College Volunteers run the Back To School Backpack Program.
* * *
To post your fundraising event, please use the form below. (copy and paste it into a blank email) You do not have to have all the information to post your event, just the event title, a CONFIRMED date, and contact information. You are allowed no more than two updates to add additional information before the event date. If your event is cancelled or the date changes, be sure to send that information to email@example.com immediately.
- event name
- Organization hosting it:
- Date (s): (Beginning and ending date if your event is multiple days long)
- Time start:
- Time end:
- Venue name,
- RSVP required?
- Ticket Cost:
- purchase online? If so, Ticket URL:
- Organizer Contact Information:
- Name, Phone, email, external URL
- A paragraph or two, can include link to event website
- No more than 3 promotional materials (Photos, video (no more than one for space reasons), flyer, poster, postcard, etc.) may be included, but please make certain you have permission or rights to use them from the photographer or videographer, before placing us at risk of copyright infringement.
- You can cut and paste the form into your email, then submit it to: firstname.lastname@example.org